In a message dated 2/25/2002 12:26:00 AM, [log in to unmask] writes:

<< Contrary to comment, Janet Reno's present/future mean nothing more to me
than a lively, healthy discussion. >>

Hello E,

Yes, I agree, the discussion is lively and healthy. And I meant my comments
in a general way - not to pigeonhole any one person's viewpoint. It just
struck me that the response on the list is wider, and more emotional, than
most.

I also concur that the most encouraging voices are not the high profile,
People magazine ones but the ones on this list.

Regarding denial: I guess that is a loaded word. I think of it as a vital
psychological mechanism without which no human being would be able to face
the world. It can, of course, take unhealthy forms, but it is, IMHO,
functional and necessary. I meant nothing negative in suggesting it is part
of what we all do.

I am sorry that I offended you or seemed to presume to speak for you. I
appreciate your spirit and your positive contributions.

With warm regards,
Kathleen