       I am new to this forrum but not to Parkinson's. More than 14 years ago
I was diagnosed  as having Parkinso'n's when I went to my docor to see what
was causing all of the stiffness, feeling tired and many falls I'd been
taking  and he said I most likely had had early stage parkinson's for at
least 3 or 4 years pryor to that.My doctor put me on Sinemet right away.
Like most people, as time went on, my little blue friends became less
effective and as soon as it was approved about 4 or 5 years ago he added
Mirapex, a miracle drug for me. We had tried  many other drugs but none
nearly as effective.
       All in all, even though my life style may have changed, I have done
most everything I  wanted  to do and did before except drive.  My husband who
is my wonderful caregiver and very supportive family and friends have never
made me feel like a burden.  I have found that people in general are very
kind and considerate even when I freeze and get in their way.
       My biggest problem has been walking.  Freezing  and feeling sleepy
have been a bother and my biggest complaints until more than  a year or so
ago dyskinesias set in in full force and it is getting worse.
       I said all that to ask  others what, short of surgery, they may have
done or taken for help in this area.  After watching 60 minutes last night,
I'm beginning to wonder if Deep Brain Stimulation  is what I need to
consider.  My former Neur. tried to get me interested in having it done
several years ago but it was too soon.
       I'd be vey intested in hearing from anyone who has had the procedure
and is  willing to share how it is working for them.        Thanks