Over the last few weeks, we have read of a number of familial losses, and I
have been remiss in not responding to all of them.  With your permission,
I'd like to offer my condolences to those who haven't heard from me.

To Johanna and your mother and to the others whose names I do not know, I
offer the following Native American prayer (tribe unidentified):

        May Mother Earth guide your feet.
        May Father Sky keep his arms around you.
        May grandfather Sun warm your cold days.
        May Grandmother Moon Keep the Glow
                in your heart.
        May the Star Nations Light the way
        To the next destination
                and the Great Spirit always keep you
                        shielded from the pain.
                        Blessings to you.

                                Final Vision

                Life is the flash of a firefly in the night.
                It is the breath of the buffalo in the winter.
                It is the little shadow which runs across the grass
                        and loses itself in the sunset.  -

                        Crowfoot (Blackfoot)

It is my sincere hope that the music of each life will replace the loss and
sadness each family is experiencing.  You are all in my thoughts.

In friendship and caring,

E of the headdress