Vickie, a WHINER you are NOT!!!  A SURVIVOR you ARE!!!!  You wrote:

According
to my sister that is "my choice."  My mother is also
angry at me for "causing my sister pain."
***************
Your sister, and your mother are now adding to your traumatic
experiences......I cannot believe how ANY ONE would ask you to attend that
wedding under the circumstances.  Please be firm and stay strong in your
refusal.  If they cannot understand, in my opinion they have let you down,
also.  Know that you have my support always!  My heart goes out to you.....
Love,
Bunny
 ***********************************
In a message dated 2/26/2002 1:29:03 AM Pacific Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

> I believe my Parkinson's was a direct result of abuse
> I underwent growing up.  My father was a mechanic and
> had a large canister of gas he would use to soder
> metal togeather.  He sexually abused me for years, and
> when I became old enough to fight back, he would fill
> a plastic garbage bag with gas from the canister and
> hold it over my head until I blacked out.  It would
> leave burn marks all around my chin and neck.  He also
> struck me several times over the head.  Doctor's
> speculate that blows to the head may be the reason for
> Mohammed Ali's Parkinson's symptoms.  Stress was all I
> knew growing up.  Toxic chemicals, blows to the head,
> stress, take your pick.
>
> I've had no contact with my father for 25 years.  I
> have two sisters whom he did not abuse physically.
> One of them has a son getting married next spring and
> since my father will be there, I cannot go.  According
> to my sister that is "my choice."  My mother is also
> angry at me for "causing my sister pain."
>
> Don't mean to sound like a whiner.  Life is great for
> me now.  They say the greatest revenge is to live a
> good life and that is what I have done.  I have a
> wonderful husband, 3 great kids, and good friends.
> Just say all the recent postings regarding cause of PD
> and thought I would throw my 2 cents worth in.  I find
> I identify alot with what people say on this site.
>
> Best Regards,
> Vicky

Art is long, life short; judgment difficult, opportunity transient."
 - Goethe