OK, Ivan.  I'll write amongst your lines.

First I went looking for posts I'd written on this subject months and months
ago.  Unfortunately, I couldn't find anything in the archives(my guess is
it's my methodology.  In the meantime, I imagine that somewhere out there in
the universe, along with all the military-communications garbage are the
posts I wanted to use as references!

Subject: Re: Fluoride ...viral cause of PD explored a bit

Also from coast of maine- Rockport.  I was heavily exposed to spray for
mosquitoes in 1951-55 in farm town in Illinois.  I recently talked to a lady
who still lived there and she said the town still sprayed everything. I
tried to find out the incidence of PD but had treouble getting local
nurologist to talk to me.  He thought I was going to sue someone.  Jim
Sidenote to Jim:

On Mon, 25 February 2002, Ivan M Suzman wrote:

> Jane and  Edith and PIEN'ers,
>
> Hi from the Coast of Maine...

I have to tell you that I  am blown away!  These are the exact topics  Mario
and I attempted to get info on with the survey.  While we travel somewhat
different paths in the HOW, we feel that there are precursors some of us,
all of us share to bring us to this point in 2002.  I can trace mine back to
childhoos.  They are like benchmarks.

> Did mononucleosis,
> or influenza A (flu type A),
> after World War I,affect you
> or your grandfather, Jane?

  Edith, I guess
> you are a PWP -am I right? Or is it
> your husband?  Any history of severe childhood
> health problems, with "flu bug?

You'll forgive me for laughing, Ivan, but you're beginning to sound like me
trying to interest everyone in the HOW survey!  By the way, have you
participated?    If, per chance you haven't, it's time.  Bring your friends!

I'm neither a PDer nor a Parkinsonian.  I am UNDER the PD umbrella because,
like so many others, my symptoms are somewhat similar but tests, SPECTS,
etc., have proved otherwise.  I just took another path from yours.   You can
identify me by the fact that I am unable to take meds successfully.  I
either have side affects and/or I fall asleep everywhere.

While an autopsy is the only way to really test for proof of diagnoses and
theories, I have seen the differences and know what is happening topside
besides the loss of dcells.
Luckily, my neuro team and I get along really well.  I didn't always feel I
would be this fortunate.  I have been asked to donate my brain to Harvard
Medical School.  Join me.

When I tried to offer my brain to UC Davis, they wouldn't accept it.
They're hung up on the virus theory.  My first neuro, a  Dr. Abe type,
thought it was ridiculous for them to refuse.  However, it makes sense to
those of you/us who believe it to be so.   Personally,  I believe it to be a
benchmark, a precursor if you will.

As an 18 year old, I worked in a major western hospital.   One of my
responsibilities was   to identify amnesia victims, so I spent a good amount
of time on the wards.  Eventually, I became extremely ill and ran a temp you
wouldn't believe if I told you.  This sent me home to recuperate.  It took
almost a year to get me on my feet.  No name was given to this illness.
Years and years later when the doctor called to inform me I had the Epstein
Barr virus, I told him to look again.  His response was that I sit down to
think, etc.  My no-name was mono!

> I am exploring the idea that PD is
> a virally -caused disease. This might
>  be true for some, or
> perhaps many PWP's.  Like
> Lou Gehrig's  disease, or amyelotrophic lateral
> sclerosis, or ALS, and probably  also   like  MS , or
> multiple sclerosis, PD could be
> a slowly developing virally-caused disease
> of the central nervous system.

Ivan,consider the many roads to PD and its umbrella.  If there's more than
one path to it, are the stepping stones the same?

I don't deny that a virus like Epstein Barr might be a benchmark.
The reason for the survey is to compare all the data.  What have we had in
common
through our lives so far?  What are the commonalities?  We wanted to blast
this survey with 1000 participants.  That didn't happen.  Michigan supports
PD financially.   They      have an epidemiologist on their board. Susan
Titus, the director, said they'd be more than interested in our data sheets.
In other words, we wanted to have enough of a sample to catch the eye of a
scientist who might walk in a direction never before travelled.

>  Somehow, the substantia nigra area
> would have been invaded by a slowly-
> developing virus that eventually takes over,
> changing the DNA instructions for brain
> chemistry , but gradually.
>
>    This theory would explain why amantadine is        Why just  Amantadine?
                                                                        What is the result with meds of
> effective in PD; despite having been designed         similar ingredients?
> as an antiviral pill.  Curiously, amantadine is               Consider your statement:
> in common use. and it stops PD symptoms               Amantadine stops or reduces
> or reduces them in some PWP's.                                symptoms in SOME.  What about
the others?

> I am gung-ho for research in virology and     I am  gung-ho for this family to
> immunology to find the cause of PD....                participate in this survey, so we
can
> any comments or thoughts on my above          discover commonalities!
> questions,  Jane and Edith??
>
>Just for the record, Ivan, benchmark your precursors.  I'll be interested
in what you
        indicate.
E of the headdress

 Ivan
> 52/39/36
> On Mon, 25 Feb 2002 08:36:00 -0800 edith love <[log in to unmask]> writes:
> > I hope that those of you who are concerned about fluoride took the
> > HOW
> > survey.  Fluoride is listed in Section D.
> >
> > E of the headdress

mailto:[log in to unmask]