> -----Original Message-----
> From: janet paterson [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
> Sent: Sunday, February 24, 2002 10:45 PM
> To: [log in to unmask]
> Subject: and since we're talkin family ...
>

> ... here's the latest pic
> of my daughter
> and
> my grandson
>
> janet

Janet,

Thanks for sharing the link to the pic.  It is a good shot and anyone
can see why you are so proud.

Because of Parkinson's, time has taken on an added urgency for me.  This
becomes particularly clear when dealing with grandchildren because they
grow and change so quickly.

It is interesting that one of the urgencies regarding time is to
treasure the moment and not worry about other things, such as, the
pressures of time.  Anyway, I could get bogged down here.  I am trying
to develop practical guide on how to cope with time, if I get the time,
that I might post someday.

Here is a poem I just finished for my two grandsons that relates to the
issue of time:  (Their names are Emerson and Ethan Reed and they call me
Papa Felts.)

Grow Slow

Emerson!!  Ethan!!
Slow down you are growing too fast.
We've got to make your childhood last.

Emerson!!  Ethan!!
I blink and you grow like a sprout.
That's much too quick.  Now, cut it out!

Emerson!!  Ethan!!
I glanced and my children were gone.
But happily you came along.

Emerson!!  Ethan!!