Hi All,
I don't know why I am writing this but have off late read so many sad things on this list.
My Dad got PD in 1992 and he passed away in 1999. Those were the best and the worst years of my life. We were such a tight knit family then but living from paycheck to paycheck. Life was simple......pleasures were small. Happiness came from things like seeing my father eating a full meal in less than an hour or not having a blackout or not salivating too much.
The wosrt thing was that my Mom and I were his caregivers while my brother was out of town and working. Only when he came back at Dads funeral did we all realize that he was suffering from Depression Disorder and in fact had been for a few years. His work had suffered. He was low on self esteem, discouraged and unhappy. His life was totally dark.
Medications followed soon and within a year he was almost cured. But his work suffered and he had changed 3 jobs in 3 years. The various companies took him coz his resume looks good but the fact remains that coz of almost 6 years of Dep Disorder, his work still isn't too good. He cant cope with too much stress still. He is medically cured but he is almost like a child stepping out into the world.

And today after another round of shouting from his boss about " what an employee with your qualifications should be able to do" He just sat and aksed us what the purpose of it all was.

And having seen my Dad suffer and my brothers struggle to start afresh, I wonder why do we have to go though all this? No one deserves to live or die like my Dad did, like Kathy did, like Johannas Dad did.

I don't know. Maybe I am being foolish and yes these are stupidly philosophical questions but I just wanted to write this.
Take care
Lavanya