Olga

Thank you for your suggestions I will most certainly look into them.
The kind of questions I would like answers to from experienced PWPs

On Medication and Diet:
I Take Sinemet (25/100) & Pergolide (1mg) 5 times a day( Every 3 hours). Plus 1 Amitryptyline 10 mg at bed time. ! Tamazipam 10mg )middle of the night.
Plus I take vitamines C,E,A,Ginko,Magnesium,Co-Q10,etc

I am not very rigid or disciplined on the timings of the tablets or my diet. I suffer from 2 or 3 off periods. I run my own businesses which is sometimes stressful and I spend quite a lot of time at my computers at home and at work. Apart from on-off periods and good and bad days, I suffer from lack of sleep which result in sleep attacks during my work ( sometimes in the middle of a conversation with staff for 2 or 3 seconds and I wake up startled!) otherwise my PD is not particularly visible - only I know I am not feeling right.

So how do I improve my symptoms? - How do experienced PWP's manage their symptoms better?

Has anyone found a way to eliminate the variable and unpredictable on-off periods and have mostly on periods?

Has anyone found a way to eliminate the good days and bad days that I suffer and learned to manage their PD to have mostly good days?

Could it be that those PWPs who have slow developing PD and do not seem to be affected very much by it are people who have through practice, habit, disciplines, etc learned to really manage their PD well and the rest of us are unaware that there is a way of balancing the variables. What are these variables?

1. Diet and timing of meals.
2. Timing of medication :
3. Dosage
4. Exercise - Quantity and quality and timing
5. Activity and Non Activity
6. Rest and sleep
7. Stress - frequency, intensity, etc
8. Mental stimulation activity
9. Emotional stimulation
10 Companionship, Friendships, familiess
11. Entertainment, laughter
12. Weather , season
13. Having a pet!
14. Being alone and quiet , meditation
15. Holidays and Week ends are usually good days ( there is a clue to good practice - how can we make every day seem like a summers day in Whistler with family and friends?)
15. etc etc

I bet we all have views and opinions on how to manage our lives but some of us could be making better choices and thus managing PD symptoms better. I am not very disciplined in eating the right food at the right time, I get engrossed in what ever I am doing and forget to eat or drink or else I eat a high protean lunch which sometimes causes me to have an off afternoon - but why not always, and so on. Am I typical of most people, will a more planned and disciplined approach to life make a big difference? This is a complex subject. I thought of keeping a diary to make sense of good and bad days and on-off periods but there are so many factors and so many of them are subjective that it is hard to formulate a method of recording which could help make practical sense. Has anyone got a diary recording framework or system which they have found to be useful in eliciting the best practice rules that suit themselves. I am pretty sure the answer is yes.
Am I making any sense ?

I hope this gives you some idea of what I am thinking - I will try and follow up your suggestions over the next few days - time permitting!

Shekhar ( Manchester UK 53/50/49)