 Hi Pat, Tanya, Graham  and Tosh  and  anyone else that responded to Doug's
email.

I  was noticing after I rushed in with my two bits, how  different Tanya's
orientation to this question was in terms of disciplinarity and privileging
of the topic,

is it  gay and lesbian identity AND Rhetoric,

Rhetoric  AND .....

Gay  and Lesbian AND Media

Identity Formation AND .....

interesting stuff,  as the responses continue to demonstrate how we are
written onto the genres and texts that we read  and write

Michel and Mikhail were right!!

Kathryn

"We live with strangers. those we love most, with whom we share a shelter,
a table, a bed, remain mysterious. Wherever lives overlap and flow
together, there are depths of unknowing." Mary Catherine Bateson, 2000,
from Full Circles, Overlapping Lives.

Kathryn Alexander, Ph.D.
Faculty of Education,
Simon Fraser University,
Burnaby, B.C.  V5A 1S6 Canada

Messages for SFU: (604) 291 - 3395 /SFU FAX (604) 291 - 3203

Personal: email:  [log in to unmask]