This seems like  a  job  for CASLL folk!

Date: Sat, 9 Mar 2002 11:24:30 -0800 (PST)
From: Mike Cole <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: trying again

Our department has this really lovely job for someone, but we have
tripped up in filling it. Applications welcome.
mike
--
Endowed Chair in Language and Human Communication

The Communication Department at UCSD seeks a distinguished senior
scholar working in traditions of analysis that emphasize language as
a mediator of human action, including such approaches as General
Semantics, activity theory, ordinary language analysis, pragmatism
and others, to fill the Sanford I. Berman Chair of Language and Human
Communication.  The candidate could be trained in communication,
rhetoric, philosophy, sociolinguistics, psycholinguistics, linguistic
anthropology, information science or other related fields.  The
position begins July 1, 2003.  Salary per UCSD pay scales.  The Chair
carries a research stipend.  For information on the department and
the university, consult the department web page:
www.communication.ucsd.edu
UCSD is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to
excellence through diversity.  Send vita, statement of research and
teaching interests, and names of 3 references by April 15, 2002, or
until the position is filled, to:
Professor Susan Leigh Star
Recruitment Committee, Berman Chair
Department of Communication (0503)
University of California, San Diego
La Jolla, CA USA 92093-0503

"We live with strangers. those we love most, with whom we share a shelter,
a table, a bed, remain mysterious. Wherever lives overlap and flow
together, there are depths of unknowing." Mary Catherine Bateson, 2000,
from Full Circles, Overlapping Lives.

Kathryn Alexander, Ph.D.
Faculty of Education,
Simon Fraser University,
Burnaby, B.C.  V5A 1S6 Canada

Messages for SFU: (604) 291 - 3395 /SFU FAX (604) 291 - 3203

Personal: email:  [log in to unmask]