I am working with a PhD student on the topic of how gay and lesbian
groups use media (broadly defined), not so much to "get their message
out" but to define their own social identity both for others and for
themselves.

We are working on candidacy reading lists right now and there are two
areas I'd appreciate some input on.  Under "Identity and Community," I'd

appreciate ideas on sources regarding how group identity in particular
is rhetorically constructed.  This clearly taps into the "Rhetoric as
Epistemic" line of research.

Also, we have another list, "The Rhetoric of Activism."  We have much of

the Rhetoric of Social Change material on this list but I'd like to get
ideas for anything particularly new or germane.

Nothing at this point needs necessarily to relate directly to queer
activism.  We are at the stage of filling in general background.

Thanks for your help!

Doug

--
Dr. Doug Brent