Hello,
I sent this email earlier today to the care givers
list. However, after someone on this list emailed me
today about my sharing on this list, I decided to
forward this to all of you also. I suppose this is
just normal grief process, but perhaps there is
something here worth reading?

I am aware that no one can possibly realize, what goes
on in a PWP and care givers relationship! However,
family can and do, sometimes play a part in the PWP
life!

For the 15 years of my dad's life that he had
Parkinson's, I have also had a neurological disorder
other than Parkinson's, which results in tremors,
sometimes extreme. One of the things I recall at all
family gatherings, was my father and I having contest
to see who could eat without throwing their food
around and who would finish last!

We used to comfort each other! Now when my left arm
gets to shaking so bad I can't use it, like tonight, I
think of Dad and how he doesn't have to do this
anymore. It makes me happy and sad, all at the same
time.
Johanna Thompson
Ontario, California