Dear List  Friends,

There are a number of PWP's  "lurking" out in cyberspace who are getting
relief from alturnative protocalls. Unfortunately, just as with "regular" PD
meds. there is no one protocall  that works for all. We have to
individually tailor our meds and out programs to what works for each of us.
So many timesunfortunately, the more vocal members of this list, doctors,
and drug companies governed  by the almighty dollar and FDA approval tend to
"Pooh, Pooh"  what works for some of the other list members. The cure is not
here yet so new ideas and thoughts should be welcomed.  How else do we
learn?

I find it unfortunate that doctors insist on  "canned" routines of
treatment, because PD is not the same for each of us. The insurance
companies, etc. probably will never come around due to the big money which
drives the medical community as a whole. So long as we allow the medical
community to "practice" on us, this will never change. I don't mean to get
off on a tanget on the money deal ........ but the so approved path is not
for everybody. Cheaper can be better!

My point is that we all can benefit from sharing our  knowledge on  this
subject and benefit others from our experiences. Only by exposing a reaction
that we may have had to a  particular drug, can we  help warn others of a
possible problem.  Similarly when we find something that helps us, a portion
of that protocall may benefit someone else ......... God forbid, even if it
is not FDA approved.

From my standpoint, I am not so much worried about the cure for PD as I am
worried about making my quality of life better and allowing me to help and
be less of a burden to  those close to me. I doesn't bother me that  someone
I don't even know will notice that I am a PWP. It is not necessary for me to
"cover up" all of my symptoms with drugs which cause neurological masking
and  may cause other problems in later years. If I get relief from  vitamins
and meds  or what ever  works for me, it should be applauded not ridiculed
for not following the normal protocol like a blind sheep. My pills cost only
$4 a day so the drug companies wont get rich off of me but then again my
quality of life is better now than it was a year and half ago when I was on
sinemet and "the program". I just didnt like the answers or the "help" the
meds were not giving me.  The quality of life to me is more important with
PD and if an alturnative treatment is the anwser for me then I am greatful
for the knowledge and the internet exchanges that provide my solution.   Rob