Dear PWP:

        I regret that I am motivated to interject my thoughts into this issue....
and not to mince words, my wife died from cancer not respiratory failure.
        In 1971 the 36 year old love of my life, high school sweetheart, and the
mother of three of my children died in hospital. The cause of death as
entered on her death certificate was noted as respiratory failure. In March
of 1968 she was diagnosed with breast cancer, underwent radical breast
surgery, and endured the severe radiation treatments of that period in
time. In the Spring of 1970 her cancer had recurred, or had metastasized
throughout her body, with particularly virulent effect on her lungs.  In my
opinion it is no more incorrect to write or say that a person has died from
Parkinson's disease than it is to say they died from cancer. Any argument
to the contrary is hair-splitting and redundant.
        I wholeheartedly agree with Mr McCreary regarding this useless and trivial
topic.

                                        Don A