Deborah,
Your posts to the forum have been very informative and, I believe, a service
to those of us with Parkinson's.  I love hearing reports from the people who
have had this procedure and have been doing so well.  But, I feel that both
sides need to be heard  in order for people to go into this with an
understanding that this procedure can have dangerous outcomes too.  I'm so
happy to hear that you've persevered and are recovering now.

I'd like to add that I can strongly relate to your statement about being
angry and bitter that more is not being done to find a cure for Parkinson's.
I have addressed my Senators with my plea that they support embryonic stem
cell research and "cloning" for therapeutic research.  My 2 Senators have
responded saying that they are against both.
In the face of testimony from some of the most prestigious scientific
communities in the world that say how vital this research is and in spite of
the many millions of people in this country who could be spared further
suffering, my law makers are saying no.  Can't do it.  Request denied.  I
want to get back into office and this might be a little risky to my goal.  I
take the moral (safe) high ground.  Sorry, come back in 20 years, I'll have
retired by then on a nice fat pension.
I think that I've conveyed my message so will not elaborate further.  I try
not to become cynical about this but it is sometimes difficult when I hear
stories like yours and know the battles we face.
Dee