Deborah, you can count on me.  As long as I have breath and can crawl l'm
going to scream and kick at PD.   I don't have to tell you how difficult this
is.  Wish some well person would lend a hand.

PLEASE DON'T WORRY ABOUT WHAT OTHERS THINK.  Don't be nervous about following
your heart.  You've already more than proved yourself.  This is just too
important an issue to not do what we can.  Everyone is entitled to his/her
own opinion and course of action and negative reactions can be expected.
They just make me fight harder.

There is a story about me and a former student of mine, Dr. Charleen Chu, who
is doing PD research in the APDA Winter newsletter....one of those
heartwarming stories about us finding each other again  on line after I
spotted her name on a APDA grant list.  But this has only reached the PWP and
CG audience.

I write ltrs to legislators and the papers.  I explain to everyone at
Albertson's market why I cannot stand, but have to sit on a seat with wheels
at the checkout counter.  I'm just trying to raise public awareness and so
far people have been interested and positive.  Many have never heard about PD
and I usually strike up a conversation with the busboys, etc.

HOWEVER, YOUR STORY IS SO MUCH BETTER THAN MINE..  (1) you are young and that
scares people as PD has been known as an old person's disease. (2) Your
experience is truly horrendous and death-defying  (3) in spite of it all
you're going for DBS again and still fighting not just for your life, but for
the lives of millions of other people.   (4) you have made this courageous
choice not once, but twice.   (5) finally, you're paving the way for all of
us by putting yourself in the line of  fire.  Thank you.

A couple of years ago when I could still type, I transcribed the journals of
my cousin's son who died at 35 of cystic fibrosis.  For various reasons, my
book was not able to be published and his voice was never heard. He wanted to
be heard.

I hope the media comes through for you  and you will be heard.  I"ll be
looking at that site March 17-20.

I'll do all I can and you get "well" .  Let's roar and roll,  Rayilyn