Every time I get a chance, I try to catch up on posts.  I've carried Johanna
in my thoughts since I read about her experiences.  She has courage above
and beyond anything I could ever manage.  She has an inner strength that few
of us can claim.  Talk about standard bearers!

Then I came across Maxine's gentle and most sincere comments about how
important it is for us to talk about our concerns-get them out.  It's how we
learn to  improve our existences.  Whether we agree or disagree, we owe each
other the gifts of "listening". and of "answering respectfully".  We need to
know the pros and cons of any medication, treatment or surgery we
contemplate.   We need to look after one another!

There's nothing about PD, PD+ or about being under the PD umbrella that is
pretty-except tiny miracles that happen once in awhile. Two PWP's fall in
love.  Longlasting
friendshis are made.  Great redeeming surgeries are performed!

We need to see both sides of the shadow that lives within us so we can be
somewhat prepared to make sensible decisions about our care-about what we
want.  We are  guinea pigs for cure.  Every pill we take is an experiment.
Every journey won't be smooth and/or successful. Personally, I would rather
know the odds!  Discussion is
essential!

Thinking about Johanna and the need to share our feelings and personal
experiences were followed
by, I believe Rita, Carole and others who opened their hearts and shared
first-hand, heartbreaking memories of final days, nursing home
fiascos, personal  experiences and death
certificates.  Nothing is worse than watching a loved one deteriorate and
disappear!

 Jorge covered the manner of d certificates very well.  While we know the
truth, d certificates are based upon what is seen at the time of death.  By
my standards PD & its meds lower the immune system over the years until the
body can no longer fight the good fight physically or any other way.  In the
end, true to form, before the music comes the d certificate-one of the last
vestiges of the "me"(meaning all of us) I(we) came to be.

Then it hit me!  Maybe when all is said and done, we're looking for DIGNITY!
For our families, at least in death,
let  there be dignity and the music of rememberance for closure!

Respectfully submitted,
E of the headdress