If caregivers feel unappreciated and unloved their is something more than PD
wrong with the person they are giving to care to.  My caregiver (husband) was
not put on this earth to wait on me hand and foot without me showing him how
much I do really value him as a person and for all he does for me.  There are
times when I call him when he says "whaaaat" in a certain tone of voice that
makes me think he is feeling "what does she want now"?  That's when I try to
convey to him maybe a little more love, kisses help,  or I may answer in the
same tone and maybe say "get in here this minute slave" and this gets a
giggle from him.
       I have Parkinson's and that is my cross to carry.   He has me and I
think he has a bigger cross.  He is confined sometimes when he feels like
"GO".  There are times he has to clean up after me when I spill or even have
a potty problem and I would Hate to have to do that.  We are a team and it
has worked for almost 49 years.  I do not want him to feel unappreciated so I
show him appreciation - I do not want him to feel unloved so I show him love.
       I have a very demanding friend who has another affliction and his wife
seldom has a smile for him or anyone else anymore.  He is her "burden".  He
asks for it and she  treats him better than he deserves.
       Sorry about the sermon.