Debra Sutton wrote:

> Is this a crazy disease or what?  I take meds all day that make me sleepy.  I often feel like a Pepsi that someone shook up and popped the top on. I have no trouble getting to sleep but staying asleep is another story. Sometimes I lay awake and fight to get back to sleep, sometimes I just get up.  A Quiet Time takes on a whole new meaning at 2am!!  Eventually sleep comes again and then the sun comes up, I'm tired from not sleeping, and then I take my meds that make me more sleepy and the cycle starts again.  If I could find a nearby mall that was open all night that would be great.  But then there's that driving issue!  Oh Well.... Sound familiar anyone?
> Debra

Same here. Going asleep the first time is usually easy.  Doing it again at 1:30 or 2pm was another story. Neuro listened but sugggested that this was something for my Internist. Internist listened and Rx'd Temazepam (generic for Restoril) 15MG once per night. It works.  For me it is quick, less than 1/2 hour, but short lived--about 3 hours.
Therefore, I don't take the one pill upon going to bed since I'll  be awake in about 3 hours anyway--with or without the Temazepam. However, later, upon awakening during the night, one pill will then get me back to sleep with, at the worst, an early wakeup.

I've only been on this drug for less than a month. I'm hoping that it will help break a bad sleep pattern and that it will be unnecessary in the long run. I'll report any such progress again in about a month.

Good luck.
Ed G