Thanks Arlene Allen ~ The psychologist says she has him on the highest dose of venlafaxine that she recommends.  He has been at this level for a few weeks.  Every now and then he says he feels mentally well, and then dives - the rollercoaster ride.  It is like the meds are trying to work but not enough.  Perhaps he needs more than a maximum recommended dose. Or we have many more Rx products to try.  Someone suggested Wellbutrin...  Unfortunately, out here in Montana, our resources for neurologists (1) and psychologists who are familiar with Parkinsons (0) are limited to 1 or 2 within a 200-300 mile radius.  We'll find something.  Oh we thought the weather might have something to do with it - a foot of snow and sub zero today - but if you and yours experience the same problems in sunny FL - well, at least we thought a week on a sunny beach might be a good Rx! ~pat & burdette, Boulder MT