Joan, Edith, Debra & others:
    Guess what we did two months ago?  For 3 months my husband (PWP) found that sleeping in the spare room was more restful, quiet - he could make all the noises he had to while trying to turn over in bed, getting up at night etc.  But see I sleep like a rock (I guess I snore sometimes too) anyway so he just thought he was bothering me with all the restlessness etc.
    Well, we decided that the isolation wasn't good for either one of us so we bought a second bed for our bedroom, made them both up separately and pushed them together.  Now he can move about, get up for the hot tub and we can at least be in the same room at night and talk.  The dog found his home in the unused space on the bigger bed (I got the smaller bed).  I can get out of bed in the a.m. and get my coffee and turn on the computer and get my day started.  The boys are still sleeping.
    The bed thing I discovered after a brief business trip to Europe last October.  The bed setup in most European hotel double rooms is one big frame with two single mattresses fitted inside - each with separate bed clothes.  My traveling partner (she) bounced on the mattress just to test it out.  The movement did not transfer to my side.  Pretty neat idea.  ~pat & burdette, Boulder MT