--- "Robert A. Fink, M. D." <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:
> Date sent:              Tue, 12 Mar 2002 04:58:08

> I agree.  It took me all of 20 seconds to flip
> through Janet's
> postings (some of which I read, others I didn't).
> Why are we so
> nasty at times?

Thank you Bob!

As an "outsider", person without PD, I was very
shocked by this exchange!

Having a disease, regardless if it's PD, Cancer, or
any other known disease, does not give one a license
to lose their  humainty! If someone is in distress,
the last thing you want or need to do, is to critize
them and especially in an openly public forum.

I have 15 years of personal experience with Manic
Depression and a simple gentle reminder that possibly
ones medicaton needs to be checked? is enough. If that
does not work learn to delete the message! This
person's multiple messages did not upset me, but the
response most certainly did! If you can't handle such
a thing as this, then how in the world can you begin
to deal with such a thing as Parkinson's?

Parkinson's is not the only disease on this earth!
Learn love and tolerance and you will reach far more
people, here and in life!

The typed word is what we have here! we should use it
to heal, not tear apart. There is a saying K.I.S.S.
(keep it simple stupid). Just as a thought, but what
would have been so awful about sending a simple
message, what's wrong? are you ok?

Johanna Thompson
Ontario, California, USA