At 07:50 AM 3/13/2002 -0500, you wrote:
>I fall about on the average of once a month.  I
>am at home alone during the day and I usually fall
>because I freeze and when  reaching for something
>I FALL.  I am very impatient and get very angry
>   with myself and my limitations. sometimes I lose
>my equilibrim and fall backwards.that frightens me
>more because  I have no way of  breaking my fall.

I used to fall a lot and make holes in my jeans. I finally learned
how to use my cane  Now I walk a lot more than i ever did before I retired but
I almost never have a fall. I now have a few pairs of  Wal Mart jeans that
do not have holes.
To any one who falls i would say get a cane and don't go anywhere without
it. When I first
Started with the cane i used to trip over it and my falling increased a
bit. But I have learned how to use it.

Yours and His
David L Moreland