Ron - Thank you so much for your prompt reply to my request.  It was most
informative and very much like my experience with medication.   I've been
given anything I requested but my miracle drug was Mirapex.  I cannot
tolerate CR's in the daytime but take one 25/200 CR when I wake up at night
and it gets me going in the morning and lasts until mid or late morning
during which time I can move mountains.
          Does your wife have dyskinesias?  How did they evaluate her for the
DBS?
What makes her a prime candidate?  Has pain been a problem for her ever?  It
was never a factor for me - except for back pain from sitting too much and
from a back problem I've always had.  I've found if I get out and keep as
busy as possible, I do much better.  Please tell me exactly when her surgery
is as I'll surely be praying for her.  Without the prayers of many people I
truly believe this situation would be much worse for me.  My doctors have
always told me my attitude has been a major factor in my doing as well as
I've done and I know there is a reason for my illness.  I shudder to think if
it had been reversed and I were the caregiver and hubby had PD.
We have been married almost 49 years and I am so grateful for him and his
care of me.  His mother died when she had PD from a fall in 1968 before
l-dopa and I only wish we had understood her illness at the time.  Her
medication made her think she was crazy.  She suffered so much and we
couldn't do anything for her except finally find a good nursing home for her.
 No one understood her ailment though and it was an answer to prayer when her
suffering was over.
       May I ask you to tell me about her surgery when it is over?  I live in
LaJolla but intend to go to Atlanta to see about surgery as we have a home in
the N.E. Georgia mountains and because we have Kaiser, if I chose to have
surgery here it would have to be in L.A. and I don't want to go there.   We
have many friends in Atlanta and they all encourage us to go there.  We fly
to Atlanta on the 22nd and I have a doctor appt. on the 25th to start the
procedure to find out if a DBS is what I need to do next.
            helen