Dear Debra  and Scott and group,

How well I remember getting diagnosed. You are relieved to know but then
fearful as to your future.  You must have a neurologist who; is approachable
as it is very hard getting used to the medications..Sinemet causes nausea but
that passes.  (walking outside helped). Selegeline gave me lots of side
effects. I also had difficulty with extreme.fatigue when working as a home
health speech therapist.  I almost drove  off the road a number o;f times and
would never advise anyone t;o drive when n;ot alert.  I worked for 7 years
after being di agnosed before I was able to get SSDI as well as my private
disability insurance. That was the most difficult job I have ever completed
I finally convinced them that stress caused a decrease in my ability to
concentrate to write reports , talk to; doctors, travel , and even complete a
session..  I used to fall asleep and fall off the table if I was leaning on
my arm. I also found myself crying frequently until I began an
antidepressant.  I have tried several and am now doing well on Zoloft.

I would love to write to yo;u more but must drive my husband to work.We will
continue another time.  I started and ran a young Parkinson's group in
Cleveland, Oh f; or 2 years.

The biggest asset my husband and I have truly, is our sense of humor.  If I
am given lemons I always make lemonade.  My husband is more cynical but makes
jokes and constantly keeps me going.  I have found younger PDs have more
other problems including fear of their future in the work force and fear; of
telling others.  I am very much up front and put others at ease If you laugh
at yourself then yo;u beat others to it.  ..
. Bye for now,
   Betty Jo; ( Please excuse my typos)