Dear Betty Jo - I can't understand why they make it so hard to get SSDI.  We
Pay into it for years expecting it to be there if God forbid we need it
someday.
             I really identify with you on the driving.  I didn't work so was
not eligible for SSDI but I did drive both while medicated and when not on
anything and one evening as I was on my way home, a car stopped to turn into
a driveway.  No problem, I had plenty of time to stop which was what my brain
told my leg to do only my leg didn't get the message so I could not hit the
brake.  I came within a hairsbreadth of hitting the stopped car but she
turned into the driveway just in time and I had not even slowed down.  If
there had been an impact it would not have been pretty.  I stopped driving
that day.
             Also, I identify with you with the sense of humor thing.  If we
couldn't find humor in this crazy disease of ours, and laugh I think we would
be crying.  A good sense of humor and a good attitude make everything easier.
When I was first diagnosed so many years ago I didn't tell anyone, even my
grown kids what was the matter with me as they had seen their grandmother
going through hell before L-dopa.
When they finally figured it out they were greatly relieved it was not
something terminal.  As for me, "let's pretend" was finally over.  Like you,
now I'm very vocal  and I try to educate people who don't know what it's all
about.  helen