Prior to the test u drink two barium drinks flavored with a slight
pineapple flavor.
The patient eats a scrambled egg sandwich and drink about 6- 8 ounces of
orange juice mixed with dye. The radiologist takes pictures of ur
stomach and food every every 15 mins. for about 2 hours. I was there for
approx. 4 hours.
I had this done because I have a impaction problem high up in my
digestive area. Most every other test was done.
I have to drink 3-4 cans of ensure a day 2-3 litres of gatorade, hot
water, carnation instant breakfast drink, and eat a very low fiber diet.
My diet consists of gatorade, ensure, sometimes pureed chicken , chicken
broth, nectar juice, Jell-O, salt, sometimes tomato soup.

I have atypical parkinsons.

nancy m.