Hi Scott

You are the first person I have noticed mention the "Gumby pose".
Perfect...... description.  Just after I was dx.(4 yrs.ago) once in a while
my left hand would be raised when I was doing something like putting on my
running shoes,  Stephen, my former husband would ask, "what's up with
that"?.  I didn't know.  I knew it was pd related, but it seemed an odd
thing to be doing.  I never thought to ask anyone else with pd if they had
experienced the same thing.  Quite frankly, I didn't know anyone with pd.
It blew me away when I read your post.  You forget these things.  Scott you
seem naturally funny and your optimism shines through.  That is the best.  I
think I am doing well, well enough that Stephen has said, "I never thought
you had pd".  I guess I thought that was a good sign and I certainly wasn't
out to prove I did.  I had questions myself.  When he gets the "Gumby pose"
email from me, it will crack him up.

I have a Support Group ready to happen.  I'm the only member so far. The
professionals in town have used my resource materials supplied for Support
Groups by the B.C.Parkinson's Disease Association.  And thank god for that,
as they keep sending me these amazing video's on all aspects of Parkinson's
Disease.  In small towns people with any kind of disease tend to be self
resilient and keep to themselves.  Last year I put a notice up at the
chiropractors office and pharmacists with my picture on it no less. That was
out there for me.  Doing an article for the newspaper is next.  I am kinda
moseying along with this pd, learning as I go along instead of full-tilt
boogie.  Still working full-time with thoughts of retiring next year while
I'm young enough to enjoy it.  P.D.makes you pay attention.

Bonnie