From: "Barbara Hodson and or Mike Stewart" <Barb&[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Thursday, March 07, 2002 7:28 PM
Subject: interesting read

To those of you near a library I just read a book called "Why Michael
Couldn't Hit & other tales of the Neurology of Sports"  by Harold L.
Klawans, M.D. 1996.  Chapter 7 "Muhammad Ali's Brain" was a very unique read
about possible causes of PD & Parkinsonisms, tied in with Ali's own history.
But the author also puts forward some propositions re causes of this
mysterious affliction some of us are forced to live with everyday.  He also
looks at possible relationships between genetic inheritance & life
experiences & how these interelate. e.g. why don't all boxers get PD, if
brain battering is a factor in cause.  Happy reading.  BEH