Ellen, Welcome to our family!  You will find lots of practical help here as
well as some much needed encouragement!  I am 46, (actually 47 next week but
who's counting?) and have 3 children.  i can really identify with your
concerns and with your feelings.  It can be very deprssing to think about
the future so I tend to concentrate on today  knowing the future will get
here soon enough and I'll be better prepared to deal with it then.  I can't
have any effect on it now anyway.  I am wondering if a lot of your feelings
are coming from the fact that your medication may need to be change.  If you
have recieved a diagnosis of PD from a neurologist, you might want to talk
to him/her about your meds.  Propanolol is a beta blocker used primarily to
treat hypertension, and it has been found that it does help in controlling
general tremors.  It sometimes helps control tremors associated with PD but
as the disease progresses it is often ineffective.  From what you describe I
wonder if that is not what is going on with you.  There are some great
medications out there specifically for the treatment of PD symptoms.  There
are many agonists that are much more effective in controlling the tremors
than Propanolol.  And when those aren't enough there is always good ole'
Sinemet.  Granted all the drugs have their own side effects that aren't much
fun but the truth is they are better than suffering with the symptoms of the
disease.  The point is, you don't have to continue suffering and lose lots
of precious 'todays'.  If you are under the care of a general doctor for
your PD then get the name of a good neurologist in your area and go now!  If
you are currently under the care of a neurologist then talk with him about
your meds.  You are never going to feel like your old self again, but it is
possible to feel better and to lead a very productive but 'different' life.
And start telling people what is wrong with you.  Not only is it an
opportunity to educate them about PD but you might be truly surprised at the
care concern and support they offer.  Most people want tohe opportunity to
reach out and help.  Learning to ask for and opening up to recieve help can
be a very humbling thing, but it can also be a wonderful blessing.  You
really get to see the love and support of people in a new way.  When I was
struggling with this issue a friend told me once that she considered it a
blessing to be able to help, and when I refused that help I was robbing her
of the blessing.  It totally changed my perspective.  So open up, share and
let others help!  They will bless you and you will bless them in return!
I guess that's enough for now.  I hope some of this helps.  Let us know
about the update on your meds.  Take care!
Debra