Barbara,

       This disturbing news coincidentally came to me after I had spent some
time this afternoon mulling over the list's (lack of) compliance with the
guidelines for the list, particularly the guidelines for list content, and
what was the likelihood that the University of Toronto would withdraw its
support of the list of it ever monitored the actual content of the list.  Did
the University discuss anything with you other than the "slowness" the list
caused to the university's sytem?  Did the university retain its other lists?
 What impact will the slowness, and possibly the list content, or other
factors, have upon your negotiations with another possible host for the list?

        I would suggest that you be the only person to contact possible hosts
and negotiate a new agreement, unless, of course, you request assistance.
You did an admirable, groundbreaking job with the University of Toronto, and
I would like to avoid anyone out there contacting universities and initiating
negotiations on his/her own.  You are the owner of the list and its guiding
force although you have not recently taken an active administrative role.
Once a university or college is identified as having listserv and being a
possible host for the parkinson list, the name should be turned over to you
and you should be allowed to work your magic.      Katie