My husband Burdette (PWP) has experienced more difficult swallowing issues this last year and we found something that works nicely - the Vita-Mix blender (no we don't sell them).  The best investment we ever made.  In the morning I blend 2 carrots, banana, apple, orange, milk and apple juice +/1 anything else (brown rice, cooked oatmeal, nuts, packet of instant breakfast - Safeway brand for me).  It makes a great breakfast alone or with something else.  The blender will send a banana to the moon and back.  At night I select whatever vegetables we like (or don't like) - an assortment - steam or parboil them 5 minutes and throw them in the blender for a minute until smooth.  Again, add brown rice, chicken stock - whatever you like: potatoes, broccoli, carrots, spinach....  We both enjoy the liquid meal - and I mean totally liquid.  It is also quick.  I've always hated making salads and besides Burdette can't eat them anymore.  My goal this last 6 months is to tackle the nutrition end and increase our consumption of fruits and vegs.  I ordered my blender from their web site.  A normal blender doesn't quite cut it, but should do in a pinch.  We don't do this every night, but probably 5 out of 7.  We're happy.  Hope this suggestion helps others.    ~pat & burdette  (P.S. there is an ice cream recipe too which I haven't tried yet).