We started my husband (PWP) on Ritalin to try to alleviate the fatigue side effects of the PD meds.  Yesterday he took Ritalin at 10mg in the a.m. and 15mg at noon.  I came home from errands out of town and the whole front yard had been shoveled of snow - this from a man who has spent the last 2-3 months laying in bed 4/5th of the day.  He is experimenting he says!  He said the fatigue disappeared.

Today he is trying not to take his PD meds in the a.m.  We suspect the biggest part of the fatigue is not so much the depression he has/had been going through but from the PD meds.  See, we would eat breakfast and he would then take the PD meds and within 30 minutes he'd have his face in his plate practically - then off to bed (which will be a disaster after eating).  So this morning no PD meds - but some residual "Wired" feelings from the Ritalin.  Now I think he should decrease the Ritalin if not taking the PD meds.  Or take the PD meds to cut the Ritalin surge.  He'll have to ingest his PD meds later in the day (it snowed again today so no real need to get the motivation factor going, I guess - his rationale).

Depression is lifted but not 100 percent, still working on that.  But I think we might get lucky on the Ritalin to cut the fatigue.

Also, we found that a side effect of some anti-depressants is loss of balance.  Burdette (PWP) started falling when he first started his anti-depressants.  Co-incidence - don't think so (I checked the side-effects statements).  Has gotten better and thankfully he still has strong bones (but we do suspect a stress fracture in the arm he fell on).  ALWAYS SOMETHING, EH?
~pat