Scott,
Welcome to the wonderful world of Nocturnal Parkies!!   We've had lots of discussion about that on the list lately!  It just goes with the territory.  Don't know how much of it is the PD and how much of it is the PD meds - guess it doesn't really matter either since I can't do anything about the one and can't live without the other.  I'm not quite ready to take a sleeping pill to counteract the PD meds just yet, but then I'm not ruling it out in the future either.  In the meantime I just give in to the insomnia, and go ahead and get up.  I've actually found  my quiet time with Jesus has taken on a whole new dimension at 3am.  Maybe I only thought it was "quiet" before when I did it in the real morning but at 3am, it is REALLY quiet.  At least the next day when I can't stay awake and I have to take a nap I feel like I've been rather productive - even if it was at 3am.  Rob, from the list did write that he had found Melatonin to be helpful.  I haven't tried it yet but he sent me some info about it over the list.  I'll forward it back to the list so you can look over it.  I'll put the subject as Melatonin info.  (brilliant huh - betcha couldn't have figured that one out!)

About the depression I have to agree with so many others that it is worth checking into with your doctor.  I started taking a 10mg of Prozac ( a really tiny dose) for peri-menopausal symptoms - something you fortunately will not have to worry about - about a year befor I was dxd.  When I started on the PD meds my pharmacist advised me not to take the Prozac withthe Selegiline so I did.  It wasn't too long before I was an emotional wreck, and not just one time a month either, i mean all the time.  When I went back to the neurologist and talked to him about it he put me back on the 10mg Prozac.  What relief!!  Just ask my husband!  Just that small dose helps to level me off emotionally.  I think I do smile more and being positive and upbeat which is essential for this illness is certainly easier.  So just think about it and pray about it.  Yes, it is "one more pill" but it really might make quality of life better.  Best of luck.
Debra