I have been reading all the mail on this list for a few months but have not replied or added comments.  I am now asking for any information on post DBS.  Because of all the good things I learned about DBS on this site, my father had the surgery recently at Oxnard, CA.  The first surgery went very well.  After the second side was done (on Feb 26), he has been experiencing a lot of aggitation and we feel that his personality seems so different.  At first, he was very quiet and nonmoving, but now he has bouts of anger.  Tonight, he wanted to go out and he got in the car demanding he could drive.  (He hasn't driven for about 8 years; he is 76 years old).  He has had hallucinations about talking to his mother and gets angry at my mom.  He just doesn't seem like he's with us and I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this kind of effect after surgery.  He had an MRI last week and there is no bleeding or abnormal swelling.  I'm trying to convince my mom that it will just take some time, but she doesn't seem to believe it.  Please let me know if anyone else has had this type of occurrence.  Thank you,