George, Alfonso and all,

I am a retired police officer (due to PD) and noticed your concern about
police training in the area of chronic disease with special interest toward
PD.  This training is done on limited basis with no particular attention
paid to one disease or another.  Everything is generally lumped in together.
 In my personal experience I had training in this area mainly dealing with
diabetics, epileptics, and the mentally retarded.  With the public awareness
currently given to PD it wouldn't hurt to have it specifically included with
the others.

Overall, I don't think it's a high priority in the police training budget.

Hope this helps.

Greg

49/35/35