I have an alternate idea for a hardware platform for List Serv.  I've
heard about a number of science projects (I think CETI is one of them)
that recover unused clock cycles from the computers of a large number of
private individuals.  The net result could resemble a phantom
supercomputer if there is enough contributers.  Asking our list members to
sign on is a logical first step,  but cyberspace has a vast potential to
engage users who may not care to follow our list, but would be willing to
share their computer down-time as a service project.  What do you think?