Hi All:

I hope this explanation will put to rest the questions about why, if you
send a message to anyone on the list, you will get a message with the
following:

MAILER-DAEMON wrote:

This merely means that [log in to unmask] did not receive the message for one
of several reasons among which might be:

1)  His mailbox on @macpro.ca is full.

2)  His server is rejecting the message as he hasn't paid his bill
    but they haven't deleted his name from the server yet.

3) He has changed his email address and or his Internet Provider.

4) He is on vacation and the has not stopped the messages from his
   lists which ultimately overwhelm his mailbox.

In any event, Murray did not stop his mail from the PIEN for his
address, [log in to unmask], and his mailbox is overflowing. So every
message sent to the list will cause Murray's [log in to unmask] server
to reject the message and return it to the sender.

Murray should have deleted his old address and instituted his new address
in order to remain on the list, thereby preventing the overflow.  This
inaction is one of the reasons that undue overhead is created on the
central processing systems with list functions.

Another problem, even more severe is replying to a long missive and not
deleting the total message before sending. This has a ripple effect since
you send the old message material as well as the new, thereby creating a
multiplier effect in data handling. If someone replies to the second
message and doesn't delete any of the old information then we now are
sending the content of 3 messages.  AND we aren't sending it to a single
person but over the entire list of 750 or more.

When we talk about costs one can see how the multiplier effect takes
place and we aren't aware of it.

Jack