hi all

if any parkinsn list member could be categorised as a 'professional'
the title would have to go to Don Cyber-Dad McKinley
nae doot aboot it!

his passion for truth and understanding and his generosity in sharing
set an example that any person with parkinson's
would benefit from emulating or even
just attempting to emulate

that being said,
it must be obvious to all of us recruited into this pd game,
that we are rank amateurs and NOT 'professionals' or 'CEO' material,
but hey, the olympians are amateurs too, yes?

our (initial) lack of PD knowledge
and our (ongoing) need for support are the reasons we're here -
we all need to learn from and help each other, no?

varying levels and degrees
of guidelines and charters and rules and standards
have come and gone in this group in the 77 months since i joined it
and i have no doubt that more changes will be experienced -
a living dynamic entity such as we are here
can do nothing else
but
i think a core strength endures,
viz, as barb has suggested in the past,
'disagree among yourselves, but don't try to silence anyone's voice'
and more recently, 'be kind to each other'

JAO,
(just another opinion)
FWIS,
(from where i sit)
JMP,
(janet marie paterson)
LPLM,
(lifetime parkinsn listserv member)
TIUATSTEGFCCAATIOHSEMD,
(that is, until a total symptomatic therapy eg functional cure
comes along and then i'm outta here, sayonara, eat my dust!)
SPLEGAN,
(sometime parkinsn listserv elfette, gurette, and nrrdette)
OPLCC,
(onetime parkinsn listserv canonisation candidate)
OPLCO,
(onetime parkinsn listserv co-owner)
EPLG,
(eternal parkinsn listserv goddess)

ps
i guess it's time to update the acronym list, yes?

pps
a reminder
to see all the messages posted recently to the parkinsn listserv group
follow the link to john cottingham's PIENO site from the 'forums'
page of murray charters' wwweb resources goldmine at:
http://www.geocities.com/murraycharters/

janet paterson: an akinetic rigid subtype, albeit perky, parky
pd: 55/41/37 cd: 55/44/43 tel: 613 256 8340 email: [log in to unmask]
smail: 375 Country Street, Almonte, Ontario, Canada, K0A 1A0
a new voice: http://www.geocities.com/janet313/