Edith & Mario,

   I just wanted to tell you how much I appreciate all of your effort with
the “How” survey.  I hope that more people will participate in this
extremely important endeavor.  So many of us can recite, “PD is a disease of
unknown origin with no known cure” but how many of us can say that we
contributed to finding out how it all began?  You have provided us that
means.

    Participation in the “How” survey, IMHO, is the getting out of the
victim role and doing something proactive to help ourselves.  Where did it
all begin?  I applaud you for not waiting for the “scientists” and
“academians” to start the research.  You have taken on a project that will
not go un-noticed and will benefit so many.  I am proud to take your survey
to the doctors offices and to the local PD groups and to forward to any that
ask.  You have done a magnificent job.

    I am so thankful that I decided to no longer be a lurker on this list.
The support that PIEN has given to me and the support I witness the members
giving one another is heartwarming.  I think I have found a home where there
is a true sense of family.

    If you have not received a copy of the “How” survey, I urge you to
contact Edith or Mario and get one.

Deborah aka Tenacity
But for the Grace of God, Go I!