parkinson's disease information exchange cross-posting:

--------------------------
from: paula_w
posted 03-14-2002 08:05 AM
--------------------------

I just visited the PAN site again -- there is a lot
to visit there - the new site is excellent.

And I want to applaud the efforts to coordinate the
forum, UDALL dinner, and FOX testimony - now a person
can get their money's worth in airfare and learn
much more about the process.

http://parkinsonsaction.org/newsite/Events/Forum.htm

paula

edited to add now that meds have kicked in and brain
is functioning -

what a chance to show numbers in DC!

--------------------------
from: lavenderlou
posted 03-15-2002 06:53 PM
--------------------------

Hey PAN?
The cure is here ladies and gentlemen!
Why don't we all support The cedar sinai study?
You don't need our money?
The cure does!
So why don't you all work for free? Give all your
money to the homeless, and be a real supporter ...after you are
paid, the cure is next important?
The best things in life, you can't buy..
So why raise millions, swankyy parties are BS,been
to one too many of them..
Mother Teresa of Calcutta, worked because she
repected people, at a very old age, she brought the
homeless inside and cared for them, gave them clean
clothes and let them die respectfully!!
You dress up and talk tough,
I would rather see a sermon than hear one anyday!!
Ask yourselves this, if you made not a dime, but
gave all the money directly to curing PD, etc...would you still
have the will to work? why don't y'all volunteer?
with true sincerity,
love lavenderlou

Success covers a multitude of blunders.
-- George Bernard Shaw

love
Tena

--------------------------
from: TerryBowers
posted 03-16-2002 01:11 AM
--------------------------

Boy Howdy -

Ya'll caught me peepin'! I thought I was gonna come
back to the forum - and lo and behold I have to read the
following.... what a load of bull! I challenge this
Lou lady to lead the way in her suggestion of service in poverty.
Please PLEASE PUHLEEZE donate your computer and
internet access to someone who will do some
GOOD WITH IT!

Delete my account, ban me, lock out my isp
number.... make it impossible for me to come back here...
sheesh!

--------------------------
from: janet313313
posted 03-16-2002 03:36 AM
--------------------------

i am of two or maybe more minds on this.

i'm not crazy about swanky parties either.

i'm not crazy about any public display or
acknowledgement of beneficence.

"hey look at me didn't i do good?"

someone once said when giving charity
do it anonymously so that the left hand does not
know what the right hand is doing;
his admonition is the source of the phrase.

if it is true giving, it is done anonymously.

giving to get is not giving.

i know that pan has done incredible work for our
cause with a will that the established pd orgs have not shown,
driven by one of us = joan samuelson. she has been
responsible for pulling us all into a unity not seen before at
the grass roots level, and imho the udall bill would
not have passed congress or been funded at all without her
sense of urgency and her commitment inspiring
others.

i'm not keen on the idea of anyone "making money off
my disease", but i am not sure how or where to draw the
line here on my concept.

my gp makes a living "off me"
so does my neuro
so does my pharmacist
so does the occupational therapist consultant
so does the paid staff at any pd org
so does the author of any book about pd

we fight for visibility
the best way to achive that is through unity
pulling each other up is the only way

janet

ps
i give my life to service to pd "in poverty".

i work for any aspect of the pd cause that i can,
and i am limited to a disability pension of 645.00
cdn per month,
and i am happy to be able to do it.

janet paterson: an akinetic rigid subtype, albeit perky, parky
pd: 55/41/37 cd: 55/44/43 tel: 613 256 8340 email: [log in to unmask]
smail: 375 Country Street, Almonte, Ontario, Canada, K0A 1A0
a new voice: http://www.geocities.com/janet313/