From: Deborah Setzer <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Sunday, March 17, 2002 10:57 AM
Subject: Re: Deep inside Deborah's Brain

> Greg,
>
>    The DBS worked!  It was wonderful to be able to walk across the room
without dragging my left leg behind me.  It was so truly amazing, the relief
that I found.  The pain had gone, I slept at night.  I can't wait for my
appointment on Thursday with the neurologist, neurosurgeon and radiology for
my 10th MRI.  They will assess the damage that has been done and we will
start plans for a bilateral DBS in a few months, after my immune system
returns.

>     I found courage through my faith.  I believe that my having PD/MSA
does not have to have anything to do with me.  I believe that God has a
purpose for me going through what I have and it is not for me to second
guess him.  I just have to put one foot in the front of the other and try to
get through whatever challenges life might bring day by day.

>   As important as that, is the support of my husband and the support that
I have received from my online friends and PIEN.  We cannot do this alone.
I don't know how I would have made it when I have nose dived into depression
without the understanding and kind words from other PWP's.

>   I had seen so many things that others had done to raise public
awareness, writing books, golf tournaments, fund raisers, etc.  I felt that
I had to do something so the photo site and the newspaper article is my
contribution.

> Deborah aka Tenacity Wins
> But for the Grace of God, Go I!
>
> From: Greg Sterling
> To: [log in to unmask]
> Subject: Re: Deep inside Deborah's Brain
> Date: Sun, 17 Mar 2002 13:24:53 -0500
> Deborah,
> A truly amazing article and series of photographs. How did you ever summon
> the courage to go through all that? I've had PD 14 years, and at 49 yrs.
> old I can't see myself ever being able to submit to DBS, although I
realize
> the possibility is real. I hope you have a healthy, speedy recovery, and a
> long full life.
> Greg
> 49/35/35
mailto:[log in to unmask]
mailto:[log in to unmask]

------
> Chat with friends online, try MSN Messenger: Click Here
sign-off Parkinsn send a message to: mailto:[log in to unmask] In
the body of the message put: signoff parkinsn