Jann, I can only respond from where I stand as a layman and hope that Bob
and Jorge will contribute their expertise.

When you filled out the survey, I  hope that you clipped this information to
it before you sent it to Mario.

Remember, nothing about discovery is MINOR.  Until we know more, everything
we experience is RELEVANT and may be RELATED.  The purpose of the survey is
to get us to think, to try to put the puzzle pieces together and to see if
someone else shares our symptoms, precursors, etc.

As you say, these are symptoms.   As starters, questions come to mind-in no
particular order:

Who else in the family has these problems?
How far back in the family have these symptoms existed=generations?
Is the diagnosis PD or something else?
What known diseases carry these symptoms?
 Are we talking about the brain stem?

Worth looking into?   I offer the URL's connected below as a start.
Fabulously interesting.
Please share anything you discover.
E of the headdress

http://www.ask.com/main/metaAnswer.asp?t=m&s=a&en=directhit&o=0&frames=True&
url=http%3A%2F%2Fask%2Edirecthit%2Ecom%2Ffcgi%2Dbin%2FRedirURL%2Efcg%3Furl%3
Dhttp%3A%2F%2Fgwis2%2Ecirc%2Egwu%2Eedu%2F%7Eatkins%2FNeuroweb%2Fbrainstem%2E
html%26qry%3D%2B%2Bmouth%2Bis%2Bcontrolled%2Bby%2Bwhat%2Bpart%2Bof%2Bbrain%2
6rnk%3D6%26cz%3D45d25b928725258f%26src%3DDH%5FASK%5FSRCH%26uid%3D0983658956B
CA69C3%26sid%3D1912E58956BCA69C3%26u%3D&ac=2&pt=Brain+Stem+and+Cranial+Nerve
s&dm=http%3A%2F%2Fgwis2%2Ecirc%2Egwu%2Eedu%2F%7Eatkins%2FNeuroweb%2Fbrainste
m%2Ehtml&io=5&qid=79EE0C55077F7446A52510056F4EA611&back=o%3D0%26qsrc%3D%26me
ta%3D1%26ads%3D%26ask%3D%2B%2Bmouth%2Bis%2Bcontrolled%2Bby%2Bwhat%2Bpart%2Bo
f%2Bbrain%26x%3D10%26y%3D11&ask=++mouth+is+controlled+by+what+part+of+brain&
dt=020318192723