 I understand   about overhead and cost
 I have a brief experience with the M S A list
 it is definitely a smaller group
 I don't know if there is an  associated archive
 I don't know much about this list serve issue
 But it seems like the rules are different over there
 except for being the " death row" of  neurological disorders

 maybe Pam Bowers could say something about this issue
 she has the experience with that group
 I am sure there are others here  also

 but, it seems that computer ( server ) capacity has increased quite a
bit lately
 my own personal computer has excess capacity
 and receives messages daily from 3 list serves,  several Digests,
 as well as dozens of Journal reports and alerts,
 and even some personal messages from friends.

 I think alternatives are possible.
 It might be a trade-off of resources.

 of course, if we stick strictly to text mode
 there is less chance of opening messages with Viruses
 and it doesn't take much space,
 millions of pages can be archived nowadays on a DVD
 that costs $10.00 and holds nearly 10 gigabytes

 I can't even imagine  the capacity of industrial server hard drives

whew... drifting back to earth

lets stay open to possibilities

  I should get off my duff and talk to some of my friends in
 computer science at the University of Minnesota, Morris.
 I know the  people who run Computing Services,
 some  teach classes and also run an Internet business downtown.
 the hardware resources might be available
 but personnel may not be open to taking on one more project.

 Well, I've wasted enough bandwidth for now.

 good night

 R A Y
---------------------------------

E. Jack Savely wrote:

>Ray Strand wrote:
>
>>in the next manifestation of a Parkinson List Serve -I would suggest
>>allowing liberal
>>freedom of posting content and even allow attatchments
>>

>This would be nice but......who is going to pay for it?  That is what

it would be nice

>zzzapp

                                 Ray Strand\
                             Prairie Sky Design\