Dear Don,

I'm taking the liberty of sending this to PIEN, too,  so I don't have to
write another like it.

I speak for myself and Katie doesn't need any defending.  However, in all
sincerity, I think you've got it wrong.   Most important is the fact that
Katie loves this list as much as I do.  Both of us are attempting to face
the reality that some changes might have to occur to keep PIEN going.

PIEN has GUIDELINES which supply the basic rules and regulations that enable
it to exist.  The GUIDELINES delineate the parameters of content including
our responsibility to the UofT, our sponsor, Ms Norris, to the list owners,
John and Barb.   These GUIDELINES even remind us that we have a
responsibility to one another regarding the behaviour, attitude and respect
we demonstrate toward one another.

We are professionals in our own fields.  The GUIDELINES assist us in
maintaining our professionalism as part of the PIEN family.   They are meant
as a protection as well as a guide.  These GUIDELINES were GIVEN to us when
we initially became part of the PIEN family.  We ALL agreed to accept them
as an extremely important part of our membership.

 In my way of thinking, all Katie was/is trying to point out is that, by
consistently abiding by the PIEN GUIDELINES as set by John & Barbara, we are
not only demonstrating our professionalism, we are exemplifying our
sincerest dedication to an organization that has become home to so many.
Perhaps what has been missing here is a periodic "reminder" reprinting of
the GUIDELINES.  Basics are easy to forget!

Share with me, Don, the beauty of what NOW makes  PIEN a site to behold!
It isn't the inclusion of what the GUIDELINES says it should not be.  It is
what the GUIDELINES say PIEN can be!  AND WE ALL MADE IT HAPPEN with common,
everyday honesty, sincerity, warmth and caring!   All of  us together added
HEART and LOVE!  There is no way this list can ever again become "a dry
medical excuse...." for as long as you care about what truly happens to me,
and you say so,  and I truly care about what happens to you and extend my
hand to allay your fears, we have something very special.  Go one step
further.  Include the rest of the List, and what we have is an incredible
family that any ListServ would be proud to consider its own!

In caring, friendship and the continued existence of PIEN,
 E of the headdress

> this list is to become is a dry medical excuse for exchanging that type
SNIP