thanks Don - that's really interesting!  my husband thought of all kinds of stuff to "invent" when his initial PD symptoms got out of control (mobility etc.).  surgery has helped put that behind him for a little while longer.  you wore me out with all the chores.  i'm going for another cup of coffee....

i've printed out your list of inventions - to share with our guests.  very motivating, thanks!

pat