Hi all,

I've written previously that I've been asked to take part in a study of a
new drug. In meeeting with the neuro and the study coordinator, the issue of
pregnancy keeps coming up. Do I want another child? My answer is Yes! but I
had been assuming that this would not be possible since dx. for all sorts of
reasons - drugs used to treat PD, physical demands of pregnancy, financial
demands, ability to care for a baby, history of PD in my family (I'm 3rd
consecutive generation).

Since this issue has been reopened for me, in a sense, I have searched the
net and the archives of this list to see what I can find. As I suspected,
there have not been a large number of pwp getting pregnant so the answers I
seek may not be available. What I have found indicates selegeline,
amantadine should not be used but levdopa is OK; some women report permanent
worsening of symptoms - some report temporary improvement; breast-feeding is
not allowed as levdopa is transferred to the milk; genetic factors are still
unknown but families do show pre-dispositions.

I'm not currently being treated but am starting to feel that I need to
start. This study I'm considering would delay a pregnancy by approx. 21
months at which time I will be just turning 37 and my son will be 6. Under
"normal" circumstances, this would be fine I think. So maybe my best
strategy is to try this new drug and see how it goes? I'm sending this to
ask you for any further information, experiences, etc. I know there is no
easy answer.

Jenn.