Hi All,

The current thread of "virus" causes... reminded me of Bruno's
articles on Post Polio etc. and I dug 'em up and reread 'em....

If you are interested...

The Post Polio Institute has articles about how a brain that has
suffered injury once (as a polio victim in this case) can show
new symptoms much later in life.  In particular,.......

Bruno RL,Sapolsky R, Zimmerman JR, Frick NM.
The pathophysiology of a central cause of post-polio fatigue.
Annals of the New York Academy of Sciences, 1995; 753: 257-275.

Read......  The Abstract or The Article

http://www.dickibus.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/PostPolio.htm

PROCEEDINGS OF THE MARCH OF DIMES CONFERENCE
ON POST POLIO SEQUELAE (1995)

THE CAUSE AND TREATMENT OF POST POLIO FATIGUE

Richard L. Bruno, Ph.D., Nancy M. Frick, Lh.D.,
Susan J. Creange, M.A. Todd Lewis, Ph.D.,
and Terry Molzen. M.S.

http://www.mipolio.org/article/cause.htm

cheers ....... murray