Date sent:              Sat, 23 Mar 2002 11:22:43 -0500
Send reply to:          Parkinson's Information Exchange Network
From:                   Greg Sterling <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:                Re: Virus theory
To:                     [log in to unmask]

> Unless I missed something Ivan was pleading  with someone to research
> this area, but no one came forward. No one, to my knowledge mentioned
> these researchers, and now they are coming out of the woodwork.
> Something doesn't ring true to me.

No aspersions on Ivan or anybody else, but Ivan mentioned his
theories to me years ago and I did quite a bit of MEDLINE research
(spent several hours).  I found a few "basic science" articles which
gave a theoretical background about several common viruses, but when
push came to shove, it was the common viruses which were *associated
with* (not the cause of) Parkinson's, and these common viruses,
because they were common, were present to the same extent in the non-
PD population.

I have not re-researched this issue since then (and don't have the
time currently), but I do not think that there is much new available.

If you walk down the street, shaking the hand of everyone whom you
meet, one of these days, someone is going to drop dead when you shake
their hand.  That does not prove that hand-shaking is deadly.

Best,

Bob

Robert A. Fink, M. D., F.A.C.S., P. C.
2500 Milvia Street  Suite 222
Berkeley, California  94704-2636
Telephone:  510-849-2555   FAX:  510-849-2557
WWW:  http://www.rafink.com/

mailto:[log in to unmask]

"Ex Tristitia Virtus"