 hello list:

 I am now running the protein folding  program on my desktop.

 It makes for interesting viewing , to see the various  Proteins.
 There are proteins, like alpha synuclien, that will be crunched
 by this distributed network of computers.  It feels good to feel like
 I am making a direct contribution to scientific research.

 I am running an Apple G4 with Mac 0 S  X, and have not had any problems
 from the program, which also does not interfere with much of anything.
 I hope it runs as well on other systems.

 I would like to encourage anyone
 that is not using their computer twenty-four hours a day
  to get the program, and let it run.

 I have a 56 K modem, and it wasn't hard to get the program.
 Data is downloaded and uploaded in small chunks,
 that don't seem to interfere with my Internet connection.

 If you  download the program, and think about joining a group
 join #2508  or start one labeled PD.
 I think that the people at Stanford wanted to introduce fun through
competition.
 Whatever gets the job done.

 I would like to see you on my team.

Ray
--------------------------------

Murray Charters wrote:

>Good Morning All,
>Here's the overnight "News & Views"....  from the on-line media....
>
>The Google Compute Project gives something back to science...
>Sounds like Win! Win!
>
>GOOGLE has been one of my favorites for a long time...
>
>Cheers ..... murray
>
>CALIFORNIA: Google Takes On Supercomputing
>(Unfolding Proteins For Stanford)
>http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/cn/20020323/tc_cn/google_takes_on_supercomputing

  Ray Strand
                                     Prairie Sky Design